Randy’s Ramen Shrimp Pouch
- 2 packages Ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup dried mushrooms, chopped
- 20 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, or other cooked protein
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 quart, your choice of broth
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- Special equipment: 4 (18-inch) squares aluminum foil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Divide ramen noodles evenly in center of each of the 4 pieces of aluminum foil. Stack the following ingredients on top of noodles, in this order: mushrooms, shrimp or other cooked protein, onions, scallions or chives, red pepper flakes, and salt. Pull sides and corners of pouch up to form a small basket shape leaving an opening at the top to pour in liquid.
In small bowl mix broth, mirin, soy sauce, and sesame oil then distribute liquid evenly among packs. Press foil together, leaving a small opening to allow steam to escape. Place on cookie sheet and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.