NRJSPICE Roasted Pork Tenderloin
1 pork tenderloin, typically comes 2 per pack
5 cloves minced garlic
1 small onion minced
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup NRJSPICE Smokey Rib Rub
Open and remove porkloin, drain and pat dry.
With a sharp knife, butterfly the loin while keeping it in one piece. If done right, the tender loin should be flat and cover much more area. Place on cutting board and flatten out with a meat mallet or the back of a small skillet. Season inside with salt and pepper. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onions and garlic until golden brown, remove from heat and cool.
- Chop parsley roughly and sprinkle on the inside of the porkloin.
- Mix the brown sugar, mustard, and NRJSPICE blend until smooth in a small bowl.
- Add the garlic and onions to this mixture, mix well.
- Spread half the mix on the inside of the porkloin then roll up into a tube or roulade, secure with butchers twine or run a bamboo skewer through the meat in 3 to four spots to keep the meat together.
- Spread the mixture over the entire loin and place on roasting pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and check the temperature, it should be 145 degrees minimum for optimum tenderness.
- Let the meat rest for 10 to 15 minutes, slice and serve.